Single Jersey is a knitted fabric with a soft stretch with front-facing a single rib pattern knit and backside of knitted loops (Moon Shape). As fabric manufacturers in Tirupur, Single Jersey Knitted fabric are manufactured mostly with 100% Cotton. with the current innovation in manufacturing the fabric, there is a host of fabric composition is being used by fabric manufacturers. In General, the single fabric is manufactured like a light to medium weight category.
A single jersey is a weft-knitted fabric that is formed by one set of needles. Tshirt manufacturers use mostly single jersey for making High-Quality Crew Neck T-shirts across the globe. This fabric is much warm, flexible, stretchy, & comfortable to wear
What are the types in JERSEY FABRIC MANUFACTURING?
There are various types of fabric knit, Manufacturing single jersey fabric is the most cost-friendly fabric
- Single Knit Jersey Manufacturing.
Single knit jersey is made using one set of needles and appears smooth on the front side and looped at the backside.
- Double-knit jersey Manufacturing.
In other names known to be Interlock fabric, Interlock fabric is manufactured to provide smooth surfaces on both sides.
CHARACTERISTICS of SINGLE JERSEY FABRIC:
- Face side and back side of fabric are different.FRONT SINGLE JERSEY FABRIC:
BACKSIDE SINGLE JERSEY FABRIC:
- Curl or roll of fabric occurs at the edges.
- Single jersey is less expensive for fabric manufacturers than comparing to double jersey fabric manufacturing.
- Wales are clearly visible on the face side of the fabric.Verticals are called WALES(FRONT SIDE):
Horizontals are called COURSES(BACK SIDE):